Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lap Lap Paradise...

I discovered I could not do swimming drills in open water as it becomes really disorienting with the waves that I cannot really feel if I'm swimming right or not, so back on the super cranberry pills I go and jumping back into the pool for drills!  So far it seems to be working, but maybe only once or twice a week since it itches my skin very badly ;_;

I definitely feel less tired flailing around, but my stoke rate has gone down and economy is up, and that is continuing.  I put my wetsuit on for the first time in two weeks (I was swimming with just a swimsuit for a bit since it was warm) and I swam the farthest so far 1.28 miles and at 2:55minutes/100yards.  My fastest time in open water thusfar, but still horrifyingly SLOW. Some glimmering moments in the water I would feel like I'm going really fast, but those are fleeting moments.

I decided to check out how I did in my FIRST triathlon back in 2009.  I still remember the swim portion.  The last event (it was a reverse tri). Just me, and this lady backstroking down the first 50 meter stretch of a 150 meter swim.  I knew I had to beat her. I can't really tell if I could tell if I was going fast or slow, but I caught up and finished (barely) before her.  My time for at 150 meter swim was 6:52  (FYI, I finished behind six hundred and fifty some people... there were less than ten competitors with slower times than me.  Oh MAN!)

I still can't convert swim pace in my head with ease, so I plugged in my time... and discovered I was swimming 4:11min/100 yards, in a pool!  In a pool I can swim 2:30 now.  Jesus, what was I doing, running these?  How not aerodynamic was I back then? (okay, I was thirty some pounds heavier :p ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment