Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Need a Wetsuit?

So last Thursday I went and purchased a closeout Tri Suit for just under 100 dollars.  The people at Tri Zone were a good help.  I felt like a complete n00b XD I picked the tightest one that would still be a comfortable fit.  I was all ready to do open water swimming on Saturday morning, but on Friday night I checked the temperatures... 49 degrees Fahrenheit.  I checked what temperatures you started getting hypothermia.  50 degrees. 

Well shoot.

So I completed by Saturday swim of... not that many meters in the pool at my gym.  I think I'm still going way too fast without realizing it.  I need to learn to pace myself in the swim better. 

So to swim in open water, I would need a wetsuit.  I returned to Tri-Zone on Saturday and another employee helped in selected the fit and style that would fit my price point.  A new suit from last year's model turned out to be the winner.  Unfortunately they did not have it at the store, so I returned on Monday to pick it up.  :3

Holy mackerel, it was TIGHT! 

It was literally a cardio workout just to get inside the suit.  I was sweating bullets just trying the suits on, but now I know I would be very warm even in the morning temperatures.  I'm very excited to go try it out on Saturday morning! 

For now, more cycling, and concentrate on weight lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment